Taking great care of your skin is essential all year round. But when it comes the winter season I like to be on top pf my skin care routine as I have really dry skin with the exception of my face, I tend to be quite oily there. I definitely don’t want to be walking around looking like a snow man, and I’m sure you don’t either. So, if you have dry skin like myself, these are some great products to try.
1. Dove is hands down one of my favorite body washes. This body wash is formulated to combat dry skin and has Argon oil as one of its ingredients. The product is gentle, has a mild smell and always leaves my skin feeling and looking great.
I understand Dove can be on the pricey side sometimes, one great alternative I’ve personally tried is the target brand “up & up Shea butter and oatmeal body wash which retails for $2.74 compared to the $5.49 for dove. It has a silky consistency and gets the job done. So, if you really don’t feel like spending all that money on a dove body wash, this is a great alternative.
2. Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate! I can’t stress this enough. I exfoliate my body once per week, Obey Your Body is a product I’ve been using for a few years and I think the name is very fitting. I like the smell of this one but there are definitely other scents available. I found this at the mall at a pop up shop they had a few years ago, I find that the items on their website are little on the pricey side so I usually order through Amazon.
- It goes without saying that Coconut oil is everything. Hair, skin, cooking, you name it, this oil has multiple benefits. One thing I like to do with coconut oil is to pour some in my lotions for additional moisture. I also apply the oil directly to my skin and it works just as great.
4. I can’t tell you how many lotions I’ve tried and they never seemed to get the job done especially in the winter season. This Nivea lotion has not failed me! If you’re looking for the true definition of moisturizing, this is it. Even though this lotion is already moisturizing on its own, I still add a bit of coconut oil to it, I just can’t help it.
5. Never neglect your lips, they need some love too, I have a serious obsession with lip moisturizers. I can’t be seen with chapped lips, that’s just not cute. I have either Blistex or Nivea lip moisturizer in each of my handbags and coat pockets so I’m not uncomfortable if my lips get dry while I’m not home. I usually use Nivea while I’m home, typically after a shower or after I’ve exfoliated my lips. Blistex is great to use prior to going outside as it has SPF 15 which protects your lips. This flavor of Blistex may leave a burning sensation on the lips which I like, but if you’re not a fan of the burn then you can try the berry flavor which is just as moisturizing but mild.
6. Exfoliate again? Yes! Not only is exfoliating your body a good thing, you have to show some love to your lips. Baking soda and water works as a homemade lip exfoliator or you can try this one by e.l.f which works just as great. After you’ve exfoliated your lips, don’t forget to moisturize!
I think this covers my dry skin favorites, I have many favorites coming up and other things to share with you all. To receive a notification when I upload a new post, enter your email and subscribe!